Hello Greetings from the US!

• Haha thanks for the linguistic insight Lightshark. Nice to meet you Chili. You are right, my car has no rust on it. I have it in a very dry area, so I am going to have to go through the rubber. That is my drawback for my weather, always a +/-.

a post after a long time, I am reunited with my car after a long time. I got it running again, sprayed Berryman B-12 Carburetor Cleaner into the fuel injector, isn't it funny that the brand is B-12 and I used on my B-12.

Currently it is idling a bit high, 1.7-2k rpm, and is running a bit hot according to the sensor. Going to check the coolant and all radiator hoses tomorrow.

• YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does the Idle work after getting operating Temperature ????????

:kaffee2:

BR from Austria

:b12:
    CA16DE Österreich (175000km)
    Livin´Loud

Wir scheißen auf Feuer Eis und Wind und Fahrzeuge die aus Wolfsburg sind

Ich weiß zwar manchmal nicht wovon ich rede , aber ich weiß das ich recht hab :perfekt:

• Idle is 800 or 750 at operating temp, it started this morning @ 1.6, and after a 2 min or so, with a couple revs to 2k for my heart, settled at 900 and then into 800.

settled it is so beautiful, but i can tell now that there is a leak in the exhaust system, roughly where I would expect the muffler ( a foot behind the passenger door is where I hear this )

I think that it is a patch job for another time.

I took the liberty of more photos.

Current Order of Operations:

1. I will get a tint job done professionally, I will remove the current tint and prep the car for them.
    2. I will deep clean to the metal, and prep for new sound deadener after the tint professional finishes, and then I will install new sound deadener
    3. I will change sparks, ignition wires, cap, and rotor for the ignition system.

I am shipping the Sunny shortly I have it packed and ready to go! any advice on what to pack?

• lightshark i was asking for advice on what to pack in the car, like daily items you folks like to keep in your car. I am going to keep tire changing materials, a baseball bat, antifreeze and oil.

The car just loaded onto the shipping vehicle, a 18 wheeler that can take 9 cars. It was loaded onto the trailer by the driver. Paying 1450 USD to ship it around 2700 miles. Should take 5 days.

haspre thanks! we have the same car, same rims and all!

• What is the reason shipping your car 2700 miles?

It seems to be very inexpensive for this distance paying 1450 USD.

I've always "basic" tools besides the tire changing materials in the trunk. Even knowing, the car is in a very good condition. And I can't remember, that I did use the tools.

Your motor seems to be another version. We've the GA16i.

Good luck for shipping and whatever you're doing..

• I have the E16i, a generation older.

I have "basic" tools. I will show once I get the car here!
    I live at the end of the 2700 miles, my maternal grandparents are where the car was being worked on by me because i got the car from my grandpa. I think that the price is very reasonable, and such a quick arrangement! contract signed because agent informed they had a driver ready, and driver picked up less than 48 hours after signing.

Check this really intriguing document of the condition of my car, an pre-travel inspection before the shipment so that the carrier can be held or can not be held accountable for the condition of the car on arrival. shows officially no rust!

as for "whatever you're doing" I am doing the plan I stated above, I hope to do that plan correctly more so than quickly. I have a lot of life changes happening so I have to adjust and make due.

What have you done with your car??

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hahaha, that car condition document is quite funny. I once bought a 40 year old car from the US, and it the document was plastered with paint damage and dent markings. I guess they have to do it for insurance reasons. The car was rust free so I was very happy.

Regarding modifications, I think most folks here usually only do minor changes: there are some aftermarket springs and shocks and you can install upgraded brakes. On my car I want to install the factory body kit and have the bottom side repainted to have the (rare) two color paint job. Digital cluster swaps or modified 4-light tail lights were also done.

Some folks also do engine swaps, but that depends on your preference. I actually like the older E16i engine a lot. It sounds pretty cool and pulls quite nicely at lower rpms. Of couse you could install a more fancy twincam engine but I prefer the smaller engine. That being said the twincam CA engines are fun too.

Honestly I think you are super lucky to have found a B12 with little rust and the factory white grey two tone paint job. I've been dreaming of that color combination for years!

In terms of basic maintenance, I usually do quite a bit of maintenance for the brakes and the cooling system. Complete rebuild of the front brake calipers, rear drum cleaning, removing rust and lubrication, and replacement of all cooling related things that wear out (thermostat, thermo switch and water pump, sometimes also the radiator).

• I want to up the brakes eventually. I’ll never complain about more stopping power.

I am at the edge of my seat. Car almost arrived!!

my car is almost rust free very lucky for it

Icefire give me time and I will give you every single picture that you need of my paint job. As you seen I took off the lebra The lebra left some paint damage. I need to get this fixed :(

Some rust on the exhaust system, i am excited to patch it. Anyone with experience dissassembling the door panels? I want to prep the car as much as possible for a tinter and remove the inside of my door, I will be redoing the sound deadener and cleaning everything while it is winter. Icy roads :(

I like how it pulls at low rpm’s as well! I was thinking of how to increase its torque, I don’t know enough but that would give it more pull in my mind.

I put 15mm wheel spacers on the rear tires, I don’t feel like undoing 16 bolts to get at the rear drums to clean them just now lol… I might start on front brake caliper rebuild after I do my other projects but I’ve tested my stopping power and it’s immense.

The power steering fluid was fully down before i filled it 2 weeks ago, I will check for leaks if i can learn how to test that system.

modifying the taillights seems cool! I was thinking of putting clear fog lights on the front bottom two horizontal parts of the bumper.

for cooling, I did a full replacement of all radiator hoses and coolant hoses into engine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the door panels are pretty straight forward, just the cover of the mirror is a pain not to break it.

you have to unscrew the screws at the door handle, then the screw behind the door opener (little hidden), remove the window opener, and that plastic cover triangle in the front for the mirror, that one is just clipped with one big centred clip, make sure it´s not cold when levering it out.
    The chances to brake that part sadly is around 50% though, not want to lie about that.

If all those is removed carefully, you then just pull the lower edge from the door, it´s clipped at the bottom and left/right. when having losened it you can push it up, its hung into the window opening, push it up and out.

the window lever is secured with a wire, use a flashlight and look in which orientation you have to pull it out, to do so, you can use a cord or piece of textile on which the wire end will likely catch up, when pulled along.

the rear drum brakes are fine btw, less maintenance needed, but likely now, afterwards you can forget about it for 10 years again.
    the front brakes are a bit small, when you race downhill, they overheat within 1 mile, driving normal works OK though.
    I changed my 1,6l 54Kw brakes front to the bigger and cooled GTi brakes though, but the parts are rare nowadays, so perhaps try the Nissan N14 brakes, as they fit too.
    Some guys here will also know even more brake variants, do not go to wild, as the main brake cylinder can´t handle to crazy dimensions that well.

• Oh my goodness thanks so much for the reply lightshark! I will be careful, I do not think the car has experienced as much cold as it is doing now. I feel for all the poor original rubber and seals installed way back when. I will bring a heater or two into the garage and let the car warm up for hours before I go at the door. Thanks so much for leaving me all this information. I am very grateful for this great community, and I am honored to share my journey.

I will scout out the brake parts once I make headway on another project: the exhaust leak a foot behind the passenger door to fix that is fumigating the interior. Not my idea of fun.

The car got from the transport yesterday! blends into the snow here!

• I am writing after my 1st fast drive more than 50 mph, drove 25mi to drive the car to my job today! I drove 75mph in rain passing other cars! 🤓🤓🤓

I had a rebalancing of my wheels done, and the full exhaust system fabricated. I submitted it to mechanic on tuesday night, ready friday morning. $570USD in labor with around 270USD in for the exhaust , my exhaust sounds so much better and car doesn’t smell like smoke anymore. The old piping had 6-8 sections that were rotted. The exhaust sounds much more refined.

The car does have lots and i mean lots of noise internally. Can’t tell if sound deadener will solve, hearing lots of wind from hatchback seals. I will send a video in a post start of next week, i’m getting Sunny tinted :)

Sunny makes lots of weird noises now that i think of it. I don’t want to just put sound deadened and not hear the issues, i want to see what the noise comes from and then determine if sound deadener will solve. It turned out hearing my exhaust vibrations at certain freq like 3.5krpm loudly before was because of the exhaust being in poor condition. Waiting reevaluate sound deadener.

I pay to fix 2 more bead leaks, both right side. Then a brake light, got new wipers on the car and yeah! stoked :) just need to figure out what the knocking sound is, i hope it’s not a rod :(

• OMG Very "CUHL" Sunny :perfekt: :perfekt: :perfekt: :perfekt:

None Sunny of us in Europe , has this HOLE FOR THE ANTENNE at the right Backside ....

:hoch:

CA16DE Österreich (175000km)
    Livin´Loud

Wir scheißen auf Feuer Eis und Wind und Fahrzeuge die aus Wolfsburg sind

Ich weiß zwar manchmal nicht wovon ich rede , aber ich weiß das ich recht hab :perfekt:

• Offizieller Beitrag

nice to hear, that you make progress.

Perhaps you may record the noises in a short video, if you need a place to transfer the data, i could made a ftp connection to our server, or you just use youtube or similar plattform.

First you should check the spacing of the valves, when it is the 1,6 8Valve E16 engine.
    They can become pretty load when not ajusted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice, please share pics of your custom exhaust! I wanted to do that for a long time.

For annoying noises the main problems I remember are rattling of the exhaust heat shield or the metal clamps holding them in place. At least in Europe they are usually rusty and loose. Just remove them or spot-weld them back on.

The heat shield on top of the cat also rattles sometimes. Also make sure all exhaust mounts are still attached, the front one snaps off occasionally.

The sunroofs are annoying, they are fun in summer but cause wind noises and water leaks. Over the years I started to prefer the sun-roof less versions. In Germany we didn't even get the factory Nissan sunroof, and we have to fix (even worse) aftermarket sunroofs.

Regarding rattling, the valve play may also need to be adjusted. The E16i always has a very slight tickering sound when idling.

Since I've never seen an US Sentra in real life, do you mind sharing more pictures and videos of the rear antenna? I think it looks very cool 80ies. A walkthrough video would be much appreciated! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!