Beiträge von kiwi

I would love to do a walkthrough! i’ll share the instagram I have made for the car once I post a video to it I will let you know.

@mean_endearing

I think that the sunroof is going to annoy me with wind as well, but wait until you see it this weekend :) it’s looking Sleek!

I’ll have to check the valves sometime. I’ll need to gather the right tools and all, i think that once i drive it another 100 mi i will work on it but the driving i’m doing this weekend is unavoidable.

I am writing after my 1st fast drive more than 50 mph, drove 25mi to drive the car to my job today! I drove 75mph in rain passing other cars! 🤓🤓🤓

I had a rebalancing of my wheels done, and the full exhaust system fabricated. I submitted it to mechanic on tuesday night, ready friday morning. $570USD in labor with around 270USD in for the exhaust , my exhaust sounds so much better and car doesn’t smell like smoke anymore. The old piping had 6-8 sections that were rotted. The exhaust sounds much more refined.

The car does have lots and i mean lots of noise internally. Can’t tell if sound deadener will solve, hearing lots of wind from hatchback seals. I will send a video in a post start of next week, i’m getting Sunny tinted :)

Sunny makes lots of weird noises now that i think of it. I don’t want to just put sound deadened and not hear the issues, i want to see what the noise comes from and then determine if sound deadener will solve. It turned out hearing my exhaust vibrations at certain freq like 3.5krpm loudly before was because of the exhaust being in poor condition. Waiting reevaluate sound deadener.

I pay to fix 2 more bead leaks, both right side. Then a brake light, got new wipers on the car and yeah! stoked :) just need to figure out what the knocking sound is, i hope it’s not a rod :(

Oh my goodness thanks so much for the reply lightshark! I will be careful, I do not think the car has experienced as much cold as it is doing now. I feel for all the poor original rubber and seals installed way back when. I will bring a heater or two into the garage and let the car warm up for hours before I go at the door. Thanks so much for leaving me all this information. I am very grateful for this great community, and I am honored to share my journey.

I will scout out the brake parts once I make headway on another project: the exhaust leak a foot behind the passenger door to fix that is fumigating the interior. Not my idea of fun.

The car got from the transport yesterday! blends into the snow here!

I want to up the brakes eventually. I’ll never complain about more stopping power.

I am at the edge of my seat. Car almost arrived!!

my car is almost rust free very lucky for it

Icefire give me time and I will give you every single picture that you need of my paint job. As you seen I took off the lebra The lebra left some paint damage. I need to get this fixed :(

Some rust on the exhaust system, i am excited to patch it. Anyone with experience dissassembling the door panels? I want to prep the car as much as possible for a tinter and remove the inside of my door, I will be redoing the sound deadener and cleaning everything while it is winter. Icy roads :(

I like how it pulls at low rpm’s as well! I was thinking of how to increase its torque, I don’t know enough but that would give it more pull in my mind.

I put 15mm wheel spacers on the rear tires, I don’t feel like undoing 16 bolts to get at the rear drums to clean them just now lol… I might start on front brake caliper rebuild after I do my other projects but I’ve tested my stopping power and it’s immense.

The power steering fluid was fully down before i filled it 2 weeks ago, I will check for leaks if i can learn how to test that system.

modifying the taillights seems cool! I was thinking of putting clear fog lights on the front bottom two horizontal parts of the bumper.

for cooling, I did a full replacement of all radiator hoses and coolant hoses into engine.

Hey! THE OTHER AMERICAN :hüpf: :hüpf: :hüpf: :b2t:

I revived my car with a new pump + other items in last 2 years when I 1st got it, but I cant find the ebay link. Find a pump that looks like this I found mine for ~60 USD.

the pump, eye out for the green additional housing and the mouting bracket (white) for it

My car got parked for 5 years and its pump died (happened in Southern Utah, you can understand the heat Mr. Texas) and after the pump and dropping the tank, cleaning it out replacing the rubber in the fuel system tank back + the output of fuel pump housing, shooting up some carb cleaner and premium fuel it was going!

I have the E16i, a generation older.

I have "basic" tools. I will show once I get the car here!
    I live at the end of the 2700 miles, my maternal grandparents are where the car was being worked on by me because i got the car from my grandpa. I think that the price is very reasonable, and such a quick arrangement! contract signed because agent informed they had a driver ready, and driver picked up less than 48 hours after signing.

Check this really intriguing document of the condition of my car, an pre-travel inspection before the shipment so that the carrier can be held or can not be held accountable for the condition of the car on arrival. shows officially no rust!

as for "whatever you're doing" I am doing the plan I stated above, I hope to do that plan correctly more so than quickly. I have a lot of life changes happening so I have to adjust and make due.

What have you done with your car??

lightshark i was asking for advice on what to pack in the car, like daily items you folks like to keep in your car. I am going to keep tire changing materials, a baseball bat, antifreeze and oil.

The car just loaded onto the shipping vehicle, a 18 wheeler that can take 9 cars. It was loaded onto the trailer by the driver. Paying 1450 USD to ship it around 2700 miles. Should take 5 days.

haspre thanks! we have the same car, same rims and all!

Idle is 800 or 750 at operating temp, it started this morning @ 1.6, and after a 2 min or so, with a couple revs to 2k for my heart, settled at 900 and then into 800.

settled it is so beautiful, but i can tell now that there is a leak in the exhaust system, roughly where I would expect the muffler ( a foot behind the passenger door is where I hear this )

I think that it is a patch job for another time.

I took the liberty of more photos.

Current Order of Operations:

1. I will get a tint job done professionally, I will remove the current tint and prep the car for them.
    2. I will deep clean to the metal, and prep for new sound deadener after the tint professional finishes, and then I will install new sound deadener
    3. I will change sparks, ignition wires, cap, and rotor for the ignition system.

I am shipping the Sunny shortly I have it packed and ready to go! any advice on what to pack?

Haha thanks for the linguistic insight Lightshark. Nice to meet you Chili. You are right, my car has no rust on it. I have it in a very dry area, so I am going to have to go through the rubber. That is my drawback for my weather, always a +/-.

a post after a long time, I am reunited with my car after a long time. I got it running again, sprayed Berryman B-12 Carburetor Cleaner into the fuel injector, isn't it funny that the brand is B-12 and I used on my B-12.

Currently it is idling a bit high, 1.7-2k rpm, and is running a bit hot according to the sensor. Going to check the coolant and all radiator hoses tomorrow.

Ok I think I will keep it stock. I want this to be a life time project, and as a young person I should be spending my money more primarily in risk to multiply that money like applying myself in college with programs in college + working/investing aggressively, car is not the best investment for financials lets be honest.

I will try to ship the car soon here!

Check some more photos out! I was thinking of adding these wheel spacers, and putting in smaller bolts or cutting the factory bolts. I have photos of the fitment on a jack before the spacers, and how the spacer fits to the hub attached. Here are two photos i have with the spacers fitted and balanced with a wheel. This last photo is my b12 on the ground, no spacers.

Icefire: I would not mind taking detailed photos for where the paint was applied, though I am not at the car right now. I will have someone I know where the car is do this for you, though I do not know how fast I can do this. Apologies for responding 10 days after your request, though I am not at the car even when you posted your message. I will definitely try to get this done for you through the power of coordination and the internet! 2700 miles away is where the car is but my friends are just a text away :D

I still have not buffed the car, because I want to buff it when I will be driving it consistently. I also plan on restoring the tint of the car, with 35% on front windows and 20% on the rear and hatchback. Ceramic tint to ensure the best heat protection for the interior.

Thanks for reminding me of its special nature I've had ideas to mutilate the car from its factory stock condition. I have been heavily considering swapping it to an SR20VE, I found someone two hours (110miles) from the car who could perform the swap for me, but I am having qualms. I want to bring the car the 2700 mile distance to me via transport, costing around $1500, but if I ever need to work on or fix my car all of my resources are where the car is currently. If I were to enjoy the car as much as stock can handle, then swap later, the shipping cost there and back would near 4,000. This is expensive!! I really want to enjoy my 1st car and drive it around my dad's neighborhood, be a car owner. Right now I can not help but feel like a car watcher, someone who is taking care of a car from a distance with mainly their eyes.

Any words of advice as to what to do? Keeping the car stock, Keep it there, Ship it here and enjoy it, daredevil drive it the 2700 miles, any idea I want to hear!

I never got around to testing why, I had to leave too soon. I appreciate your thoughts very much, and I will eagerly check it out next time I come out to the car. Sadly, I won’t be out here until summer if anything. I’m learning manual pretty quickly, but now being separated from my manual makes this hard. I will try to find a willing friend / clutch with one.

It makes sense how you are explaining it. Happy new year!

Here’s some more photos of my car!

Hey! It has been a long time. I have the car running, I just need to learn how to drive stick. I've refurbished the exterior to look like this now! I am finding that the car idles quite high, just around 2,000 RPMs. Any suspicions why?

I will next be cleaning the windshield and windows, and touching up the windshield wipers with a fresh coat of spray paint flat black, primer and paint in 1 spray paint. This is where I will also touch up the doors, parts have faded to white on the metal trim around the window.

Just waiting to test it out mechanically.

in these three images, I can describe the damage. The hose that connects from the pump, to the prefilter, to the pump, needs to insert into the white attachment unit at the bottom, and then the hole at the top. From what I can tell the hose had no sort of clamping on this topmost attachment spot, but in this bottom one the prefilter itself is what is attached. The seal has cracked and broken the prefilter loose from the white lower attachment location. I think I plan on pulling the attachment part from the bottom apart, disassembling it so that I can fit a hose onto it, clamp it, then have that hose run into a prefilter, and loop back into the top, I want to buy a prefilter like one you linked from ebay for this.

yeahhh ur right i should play it safe. But ur also saying i don’t need to use the same pre filter right? How can it be attached with the previous mounting in the way? Such as the white plastic piece with wire, where the seal broke from

I can’t find any seperate unit of pre filter made stock for the car, so my options were to buy a new pump with pre filter, which i’ve done but can be returned, or maybe fit a different pre filter.

I have not been able to test the pump in the car yet, as it’s on stands. I have all the wheels off right now and i’m cleaning the wheels, sandblasting, and repainting them. I also have new tires, once that is all done then I will be able to get the car down so i can access the hole in the backseat safely.

The pre filter is broken, punctured in many places, and flaking from age. The plastic housing for it is intact though. The seal from the pump to the plastic housing is broken aswell.

I have ordered a new pump with the pre filter, hose and all. I don’t think i need the pre filter to be honest, it’s useless in a clean tank with clean gas. just precautionary. In my small head i’ve concluded it won’t prevent me from starting the car so maybe i should return the new pump.

Shipment delays on protection for the plastic from the sandblaster is holding me back :(. Covering it all in rubber and gorilla glue as the hubcaps are too brittle to take out.