Cleaning injector on Nissan Sentra E16i

• Since there is ethanol in fuel, it seems the injectors more likely get stuck when car is sitting somewhere any longer.
    perhaps it is just because the cars are gettong older and older.

Anyway, i managed to "repair" several injectors on Nissan Sentra´s E16i, by putting them into my ultrasonic cleaner.

How to dissasemble the injector (it is only one) and reassemble it, is shown in nissan garage manual, or i do some photos or a short video on that topic, we´ll see.
    :stricken:
    if anyone allready has made a tutorial, please comment. :kaffee2:

This is how an E16i looks like.

• Offizieller Beitrag

kiwi would appreciate some help on the topic. I am just too busy right now, so perhaps anyone can post relating to injector change on e16i / ga16i ( pretty much the same thing, just perhaps different injectors.)

--- german translation ----

Der Kiwi würde sich über etwas Hilfe mit seinem E16 (s/i)? freuen, ich schaffe es zeitlich gerade nicht, vielleicht kann ja einer Bilder/videos zum Einspritzdüsenwechsel hier posten, Danke.

• Hello, and apologies for the late reply. I've just had my grandmother pass away, and we have been wrapped up in her services and figuring out life without her. Apologies for leaving you in confusion, that was a terrible thing to do. I am working to swap the engine in the longer term, thinking of many alternatives using the people resources I have around me and their expertise to drive what engine I choose to swap. Currently thinking between a 4 cyl honda and some sort of nissan engine, but thats another project for more experienced me. I am hoping to get the car up and running on its current setup so I can feel what this car feels like, and ultimately this is the shortest path to a registered,road-legal-vehicle which I can drive around. I am working on the fuel pump and have it sent to a buddy to clean and repair if need be, and will be replacing that sometime this week. I will be cleaning the tank this week as well. If this does not work then I would want to go to the next recommendation of cleaning the central injector to give my b12 life. Concluding this to go do an update post in my little thread.

• Hard times, sorry for you.

So the fuel pump was the first thing, ok, not unusual like we mentioned.

Since my own illness slowed me down for two weeks, i am totally busy right now.
    But when i find my garage Book, i just make you pics drom that sides, explaining the changing of the injection.
    Not difficult, just a few things that shouldn´t go wrong, as spare parts are pretty rare these days.

• Her family, I included, was all with her and we are getting through the aftermath together.

The fuel pump took a bit of maneuvering to get out because the float is not directly underneath, was a fun tricky challenge! Good to know it is not difficult, feels like these are tedious rather than difficult. No rush at all, I wont touch it besides maybe running some fuel injector cleaner through the system after cleaning the gas tank and reinstalling the fuel pump that should not be a bad idea for that system. Stay busy with recovery and do not worry about me and my injector situation, I have a lot to do to the car in the meantime. Next up while i wait for mechanical delays are cleaning the rims and looking for new tires, thinking of going for 195/60/14s

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!